Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency’s Homeowners Energy Efficiency Loan Program offers 1% APR1 energy efficiency repairs for low and moderate income households.
The loans can pay for:
- Air sealing, insulation and ductwork;
- Energy-efficient windows and doors;
- Energy-efficient heating or cooling system repairs or replacements;
- Roof replacements.
- $5,000, you pay $44/month;
- $10,000, you pay $88/month;
- Note: The minimum loan is $1,000.
1Subject to credit approval and eligibility restrictions including household income, loan use, and owner occupancy. The 1% APR is fixed for the ten year term of the loan. PHFA pays origination and closing charges. Sample payments based on $5,000 and $10,000 loan examples have ten year mterm and 120 payments. Total interest paid over the ten-year term for a $5,000 loan is $256.25 and for a $10,000 loan is $512.49.